AUTOMATIC HYDRO PNEUMATIC JACK | Get Mechanical engineering projects for study and research. we Mechanical farm, provide the widest list of mechanical engineering final year project to help students, researchers & engineers in their R&D. Also, we have a great variety of pre-made project kits using hydraulics, gears, energy generation systems for you to use in your projects.
A hydraulic jack is a portable device consisting of a hydraulic mechanism used to raise or lower the load. The principle on which the hydraulic jack works is similar to that of an inclined plane. There are mainly two types of jacks-hydraulic and mechanical.
Need for Automation
Automation can be achieved through computers, hydraulics, pneumatic, robotics, etc. Automation plays an important role in mass production.
For mass production of the product, the machining operations decide the sequence of machining. The machines designed for producing a particular product are called transfer machines. The components must be moved automatically from the bins to various machines sequentially and the final component can be placed separately for packaging. Materials can also be repeatedly transferred from the moving conveyors to the workplace and vice versa.
Nowadays, almost all the manufacturing processes are being atomized in order to deliver the products at a faster rate. The manufacturing operation is being atomized for the following reasons:
- To achieve mass production
- To reduce manpower
- To increase the efficiency of the plant
- To reduce the workload
- To reduce the production cost
- To reduce the production time
- To reduce material handling
- To reduce the fatigue of workers
- To achieve good product quality
- Less Maintenance.
The motorized hydraulic jack has been developed to cater to the needs of small and medium automobile garages, which are normally man powered with minimum skilled labor. In most of the garages, the vehicles are lifted by using a hydraulic jack. This needs high manpower and skilled labor.
In order to avoid all such disadvantages, the motorized jack has been designed in such a way that it can be used to lift the vehicle very smoothly without any impact force. The operation is made simple so that even unskilled labor can use it with ease.
The d.c motor is coupled with the hydraulic jack by a gear arrangement. The hydraulic jack shaft’s rotation depends upon the rotation of D.C motor. This is a simple type of automation project.
This is an era of automation where it is broadly defined as replacement of manual effort by mechanical power in all degrees of automation. The operation remains to be an essential part of the system although with changing demands on physical input, the degree of mechanization is increased.
Degrees of automation are of two types
- Full automation.
In semi-automation, a combination of manual effort and mechanical power is required whereas in full automation human participation is very negligible.
WORKING PRINCIPLE OF AUTOMATIC HYDRO PNEUMATIC JACK
The jack can be raised and lowered with a metal
bar that is inserted into the jack. The operator turns the bar with his hands
in a clockwise direction. This turns hydraulic inside the jack and makes it go
up. The hydraulic lifts the small metal cylinder and platform that are above
it. As the jack goes up, whatever is placed above it will rise as well, once
the jack makes contact.
The bar is turned until the jack is raised to the level needed. To lower the jack the bar is turned in the opposite direction. An automatic hydraulic jack has gears inside the jack that are connected to the hydraulic. These gears are connected by other gears and bars that are turned by a power source to raise and lower the jack.
Automatic jack mainly consists of a hydraulic, a nut, thrust bearings, and a body. A stationary platform is attached to the top of the hydraulic. This platform acts as a support for the load and also assists it in lifting or lowering of the load. These jacks are sturdier than the scissor jacks and can lift heavier loads.
APPLICATION OF AUTOMATIC HYDRO PNEUMATIC JACK
- It is useful in auto-garages.
- This motorized hydraulic jack is used for lifting the vehicles. Thus, it can be useful for the following types of vehicles in the future;
- Maruti, Ambassador, Fiat, Mahindra
ADVANTAGES OF AUTOMATIC HYDRO PNEUMATIC JACK
- Automatic hydro-pneumatic jack offers the following advantages:
- Automatic hydro-pneumatic jack. has the large load carrying capacity.
- The overall dimensions of the Automatic hydro-pneumatic jack are small, resulting in a compact construction.
- Automatic hydro-pneumatic jack.is simple to design
- The manufacturing of Automatic hydro-pneumatic jack is easy without requiring specialized machinery. Square threads are turned on a lathe. Trapezoidal threads are manufactured on a thread milling machine.
- Automatic hydro-pneumatic jack. provides large mechanical advantage. A load of 15 kN can be raised by applying an effort as small as 400 N. Therefore, most of the Automatic hydro-pneumatic jack. used in various applications like hydraulic-jacks, clamps, valves, and vices are usually manually operated.
- Automatic hydro-pneumatic jack provides precisely controlled and highly accurate linear motion required in machine tool applications.
- Automatic hydro-pneumatic jack gives smooth and noiseless service without any maintenance.
- There are only a few parts in power hydraulic. This reduces cost and increases reliability.
- Automatic hydro pneumatic jack can be designed with the self-locking property. In hydraulic-jack application, self-locking characteristic is required to prevent the load from descending on its own.
DISADVANTAGES OF AUTOMATIC HYDRO PNEUMATIC JACK
The disadvantages of Automatic hydro pneumatic jack are as follows:
- Automatic hydro pneumatic jack has very poor efficiency; as low as 40%. Therefore, it is not in continuous power transmission in machine tools, with the exception of the lead hydraulic. Automatic hydro pneumatic jack is mainly used for intermittent motion that is occasionally. Required for lifting the load or actuating the mechanism.
- High friction in threads causes rapid wear of the hydraulic or the nut. In the case of square threads, the nut is usually made of soft material and replaced when worn out. In trapezoidal threads, a split- type of nut is used to compensate for the wear. Therefore, wear is a serious problem in power hydraulics.