FLOOR CRANE | Get innovative ideas for mechanical engineering projects and topics for study and research. we Mechanical farm provide the widest list of seminar topics for mechanical engineering and topics to help students, researchers & engineers in their R&D. Also, we have a great variety of pre-made project kits using hydraulics, gears, energy generation systems for you to use in your projects.
It is a simple mechanism which can make a heavy load can be lifted by putting very less amount of efforts. In industry there are many tasks in which you have to lift a heavy load and move it from one location to another and place. There are so many mechanisms developed to perform such functions. The main problem in all these mechanisms is they require external power supply. And they are also bulky and expensive. Here we are manufacturing the simplest chipset and self-powered crane. It can lift the same amount of load as that of conventional crane. This lift is not only for industrial use but it can be used anywhere like agricultural, domestic use etc.
Using the mechanical lifting process some problems as listed below:-
- Leverage required for bending heavy sections is large; hence a tremendous amount of human effort is necessary.
- Labour cost is more.
- Time-consuming, in terms of setting time ad operation time.
- Space occupied is more.
- Quality is not good.
- Defects in the form of angular deformation and wrinkles are seen.
- Conventional mechanical process is replaced by the Floor system which offers many benefits
Floor automatic lifting a perfect solution to the above problem wherein bending force is generated is quite large about (5 ton) with a minimal human effort.
The Floor automatic lifting uses a Floor jack mechanism to apply a gradual force up to 5000kg.
Loading is done by operating handle of the jack which carries the cutting action, resulting in a safe and damage free operation.
In order to increase the speed of operation, the pneumatic circuit is used to operate the Floor pump and the relief valve and return spring set will help the quick return of Floor ram, thereby reducing the idle time of the machine.
APPLICATIONS OF FLOOR CRANE
Floor lifts are a versatile mechanism and are found in any shop, garage or maintenance department. They provide hands-free operation in both horizontal and vertical positions to perform lifting, pressing or work-holding applications. Few applications listed below.
- Load lifting.
- Chuck changeover.
- Material handling systems.
ADVANTAGES OF FLOOR CRANE
- Consistent and repeatable operation.
- Controlled lifting forces.
- Automatically adjusting work supports.
- Remote lifting operation.
DISADVANTAGES OF FLOOR CRANE
- Not suitable for a very heavy load.
- Steering is not so suitable.
- 40+ Innovative Solar Energy Projects For Engineering Students
- Solar Tree Full Project Reports, abstract and Presentation
- 4 Best Solidworks online Training, and Courses Platforms
- Top 5 best SolidWorks Courses on Udemy
- 6+ Jack Related Mechanical Engineering Projects Topics and Reports