JOINING PROCESS MONITORING AND CONTROL PPT | Get Mechanical engineering projects for study and research. we Mechanical farm, provide the widest list of mechanical engineering final year project to help students, researchers & engineers in their R&D. Also, we have a great variety of pre-made project kits using hydraulics, gears, energy generation systems for you to use in your projects
Table of Contents
- JOINING PROCESS
- DIFFERENT JOINING PROCESS
- WELDING JOINING PROCESS
- WELDING DEFECTS
- QUALITY MONITORING AND CONTROL OF A SPOT WELDING PROCESS
Joining processes are very important in design and manufacturing:
- They play an important role in the selection of the overall manufacturing process and in design.
- They can make a significant contribution to the overall cost
- Joints can be sources of failure
|Arc Welding Processes
|The melting together and coalescing of materials by means of heat.
The heat is usually supplied by chemical or electrical means.
Filler metals may or may not be used
|The required heat is obtained from electrical energy.
The process involves a consumable or a non-consumable electrode.
An AC or DC power supply produces an arc between the tip of the electrode and the work-piece to be welded.
The arc generates temperatures of 30,000oC (50,000oF).
THE ON-LINE MONITORING SYSTEM USED TO ACQUIRE WELDING PARAMETERS WAS COMPOSED OF COMMERCIAL COMPONENTS.
ITS KEY COMPONENTS ARE:
- Voltage module
- Current module
- Hall effect current sensor
- Signal conditioner backplane to accommodate the voltage and current modules and a power supply
- A/D converter
- Flat cable
- PC with suitable software for data measuring, recording, and processing
APPLICATIONS OF THE JOINING PROCESS MONITORING SYSTEM ARE:
- calibration and characterization of the welding power source
- selection of optimal filler material based on comparing various products
- determination of optimal welding parameters for a given welding method
- determination of heat input with higher precision
- development of new base materials and fillers
- welding parameter control for automatic welding methods
Image Source: Kistler