Solar hydrogen generation Aka Hydrogen Production using solar energy | Get Mechanical engineering projects for study and research. we Mechanical farm, provide the widest list of mechanical engineering final year project to help students, researchers & engineers in their R&D. Also, we have a great variety of pre-made project kits using hydraulics, gears, energy generation systems for you to use in your projects
Table of Contents
There is a lot of concern nowadays about the efficiency of the various plants. Here we are introducing the use of non renewable energy sources. Hydrogen produced through renewable energy sources, most commonly with a device which uses electricity to separate water into hydrogen and oxygen called an electrolyzer, is an emissions-free way to carry energy. Hydrogen is plentiful and can safely be harnessed for a variety of stationary and mobile applications.
The main commercial advantages of Hydrogen Production using solar energy by electrolysis are its scalability and the emission-free production of hydrogen (when produced via renewable energy). Hydrogen provides the connecting point between renewable electricity production and transportation, stationary and portable energy needs. When the electricity from solar photovoltaic, wind, geothermal, ocean and hydro technologies is used to produce and store hydrogen, the renewable source becomes more valuable and can meet a variety of needs.
In transportation applications, hydrogen provides a way to convert renewable resources to fuel for vehicles. Renewably produced hydrogen for transportation fuel is one of the most popular hydrogen economy goals, as it can be domestically produced and emissions-free. The technology is here, it is safe, environmentally friendly, has tangible benefits and is proven to increase your fuel efficiency.
WORKING PRINCIPLE OF SOLAR HYDROGEN GENERATION
The most common method used to produce renewable hydrogen. Electrolysis involves the separation of water into hydrogen and oxygen, using an electric current. Although some electrolyzers use chemicals or intense heat to help the separation, conventional electrolysis uses no chemicals, and works at room temperature.
Creating oppositely charged particles (see diagram). Because opposite charges attract, the negative pole (cathode) attracts the positive particle (with the hydrogen molecules), and the positive pole (anode) attracts the negative particle (with the oxygen molecules). As the particles reach the poles, the hydrogen and oxygen gases rise and are collected separately. (It takes about 53 kilowatt-hours to produce 1 kilogram of hydrogen assuming a 75% efficient electrolyzer).
Electrolysis separates water into its constituent elements–hydrogen and oxygen–by charging water with an electrical current. The charge, coming from two poles in the water, breaks the chemical bond between the hydrogen and oxygen and splits apart the atomic components.
APPLICATIONS OF SOLAR HYDROGEN GENERATION
- Hydrogen can be used as a fuel.
- Hydrogen is a need of medical field.
- Hydrogen can also used for gas welding
- Internally fired boilers.
- Reduces the CO2 emissions. Eliminating pollution and other harmful residues that our car engines produce.
- Removes the carbon residues inside your engine and prevent future carbon deposits.
- It uses renewable energy for its operation.
- It requires the additional battery back-up.
- Solar power is a fluctuating source of energy.
Download Hydrogen production using solar energy Ppt :
You May Also like
- Agriculture Based Projects
- Artificial Intelligence
- Automobile Engineering Projects Reports, Topic, Ideas
- Civil Engineering Projects Reports, Ideas, topics
- College Tips
- Computer Science and Engineering Project Reports
- Design And Fabrication Based Projects
- Develop Skills
- Diploma Mechanical Engineering Projects
- Innovative ideas for mechanical engineering projects
- Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions
- Mechanical Engineering Projects Reports, Ideas, Topics
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic Project Reports
- Production Engineering Projects Reports, Ideas, Topics
- Renewable Energy Projects
- Software Engineering Projects
- Solar Energy Project Ideas, and Reports
- Thermal Projects Reports, Ideas and Topics