Design And Fabrication Of Aqua Silencer Project Report | Get Mechanical engineering projects for study and research. we Mechanical farm, provide the widest list of mechanical engineering final year project to help students, researchers & engineers in their R&D. Also, we have a great variety of pre-made project kits using hydraulics, gears, energy generation systems for you to use in your projects.
Table of Contents
Silencer is also termed as muffler. It is used for reducing the noise emitted by exhaust of an internal combustion engine, which is a major source of noise pollution. It becomes a more vital concern when used in residential areas or areas where noise creates hazard. Generally, noise level of more than 80-90 dB is injurious for human being. The main source of noise in an engine are divided in two parts, first is the exhaust noise and second is the noise produced due to friction of various parts of the engine. The engine exhaust noise is the most dominant. To reduce this noise, the most effective way of using a muffler in the engines.
The level of noise reduction depends upon the design, construction and the working procedure of mufflers. If a car running without a muffler then the noise level is unbearable. The most of the advances in the acoustic filters and exhaust mufflers came out in last four decades. Hence good design of the muffler should give the best noise reduction and offer optimum backpressure for the engine. Backpressure is the extra static pressure exerted by muffler on the engine through the restriction in the flow of exhaust gases. The insertion loss is defined as the difference in the acoustic power radiated without and with the muffler fitted.
NEED OF AQUA SILENCER PROJECT
- To reduce harmful gases from vehicle exhaust system such as carbon monoxide (CO), unburnt hydrocarbons (UBHC), oxides of nitrogen (NOx) & lead (P b) getting mixed with environment.
- To reduce overall temperature of exhaust gases coming out of vehicle exhaust system & thereby reducing the emission of greenhouse gases adding to the global warming.
- To reduce undesirable noise at tail pipe of exhaust system of a vehicle& help to reduce level of noise pollution.
- To select easily available material for outer shell as a resource, so that it can be easily fabricated at a minimum possible cost.
- To design such a model that can be an alternative for conventional catalytic converter, at minimum possible cost.
- To fabricate a designated model in such a way that activated charcoal & water used are easily replaceable& also water from shell won’t get mixed with exhaust manifold.
PARTS OF AQUA SILENCER
- Filler Plug
- Charcoal Layer
- Perforated Tube
- Wire Mesh
- Drain Plug
ADVANTAGES OF AQUA SILENCER
- Control air pollution.
- Maintenance cost is less.
- Operating cost is less.
- Compact in size.
- Same concept can be used for heavy vehicle.
- The aqua silencer is more effective in the reduction of emission gases from the engine reduction of emission gases from the engine
- Exhaust using perforated tube and charcoal, by using perforated tube the backpressure will remain constant and the sound level is reduced.
- By using perforated tube the fuel remains same as conventional system.
- By using water as a medium the sound can be lowered and also by using activated charcoal in water we can control the exhaust emission to a greater level.
- It is smokeless and pollution free emission and also it is very cheap. This aqua silencer’s performance is almost equivalent to the conventional silencer. It can be also used both for two wheelers and four wheelers and also can be used in industries.