Mini Hacksaw Powered By Beam Engine Project Report | Mechanical Farm provides the best BE project ideas for mechanical engineering students and researchers to help them find the projects ideas. Our list consists of the finest and most innovative topics and projects for mechanical engineering final year. We have widest ideas for engineering project for mechanical.
In this project, the output of a Beam Engine is used to drive a reciprocating saw to cut timber. Here, instead of the rotating fly wheel, it is intended to have a rotating reciprocating saw. This rotating reciprocating saw is used to cut timber. Reciprocating saws driven with electric power are a common feature. But in places where electricity is scarce, or absent, it is difficult to operate these Equipments. But since the Beam Engine powered saw runs on fuel, it can be operated even in places where electricity is totally absent. A beam engine is a design of stationary steam engine.
A stationary engine is an engine whose framework does not move. Usually, a stationary engine is used not to propel a vehicle but to drive a piece of immobile equipment such as a pump or power tools. In a beam engine, the piston is mounted vertically, and the piston rod does not connect directly to the connecting rod, but instead to a rocker or beam above both the piston and flywheel. The beam is pivoted in the middle, with the cylinder on one side and the flywheel, which incorporates the crank, on the other. The connecting rod connects to the opposite end of the beam to the piston rod, and then to the flywheel.
Advantages of Mini Hacksaw Powered By Beam Engine:
- The cutting speed can be varied according to our needs by adjusting the timer.
- It is portable.
- It does not have any prime mover like electric motor.
- Simple in construction than mechanical hacksaw.
- It is compact one.
- Less maintenance.
Disadvantages of Mini Hacksaw Powered By Beam Engine:
- Only smaller size and soft metal can be cut.
- It is costlier than the mechanical hacksaw because of compressor unit.
- Less efficiency when compressor to mechanical device.
- Leakage of air affects the working of the unit.
Applications of Beam Engine powered hacksaw:
- It is used in small scale industries and in large scale industries.
- It useful when materials need to be cut in hazardous areas such as oil & gas refineries, chemical factories or oil rigs as well as dusty and wet environments where electric tools are not effective.
- It is valuable tools in production environments such as pallet repair, shipbuilding or fiberglass workshops, because they will last longer than electric tools.
Download Mini Hacksaw Powered By Beam Engine Project Report
This MINI HACKSAW POWERED BY BEAM ENGINE project report is submitted by Dhiraj Shinde. This document is used for educational purpose only. We don’t own any copyrights for this document. If you want to remove this doc please contact us.
- Agriculture Based Projects
- Artificial Intelligence
- Automobile Engineering Projects Reports, Topic, Ideas
- Civil Engineering Projects Reports, Ideas, topics
- College Tips
- Computer Science and Engineering Project Reports
- Design And Fabrication Based Projects
- Develop Skills
- Diploma Mechanical Engineering Projects
- Innovative ideas for mechanical engineering projects
- Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions
- Mechanical Engineering Projects Reports, Ideas, Topics
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic Project Reports
- Production Engineering Projects Reports, Ideas, Topics
- Renewable Energy Projects
- Software Engineering Projects
- Solar Energy Project Ideas, and Reports
- Thermal Projects Reports, Ideas and Topics