Pneumatic clamping | Get Mechanical engineering projects for study and research. we Mechanical farm, provide the widest list of mechanical engineering final year project to help students, researchers & engineers in their R&D. Also, we have a great variety of pre-made project kits using hydraulics, gears, energy generation systems for you to use in your projects
A bench vise is like an extra hand and is a common tool found in any shop or garage. It is attached to a workbench and its purpose is to hold material steady, allowing you to use both hands to work on the material with other tools. They are ideal for sawing, sanding, planning, drilling, screwing, soldering and more.
A conventional bench vise is manually operated. The user has to crank down on a lever to operate it. This is a high risk for injury and/or strained muscles. It also cannot provide dependable power, control or stability. This is even more evident when additional help is necessary for set-up and operation.
A Pneumatic bench vise provides power and performance with the efficiency of Pneumatic power. The user operates the vise by use of a Pneumatic foot compressor. It is user and handicap friendly and eliminates physical limitations and risk factors.
Using the mechanical shear poses some problems as listed below: –
1. Leverage required for bending heavy sections is large; hence tremendous amount of human effort is necessary.
2. Labor cost is more.
3. Time consuming, in terms of setting time ad operation time.
4. Space occupied is more.
5. Quality is not good.
6. Defects in the form of angular deformation, and wrinkles are seen.
Conventional mechanical process is replaced by the Pneumatic system which offers many benefits
Pneumatic clamping Is a perfect solution to the above problem where in bending force is generated is quite large about (5 ton) with a minimal human effort
The Pneumatic clamping. uses a Pneumatic jack in conjunction with the high-speed tool cutting mechanism to apply gradual force up to 5000kg.
Loading is done by operating handle of the jack which carries the cutting action, resulting into a safe and damage free operation.
In-order to increase the speed of operation, the pneumatic circuit is used to operate the Pneumatic compressor and the relief valve and return spring set will help the quick return of Pneumatic ram, thereby reducing the idle time of machine
APPLICATIONS OF PNEUMATIC CLAMPING
Pneumatic bench vises are versatile tools and are found in any shop, garage or maintenance department. They provide hands-free operation in both horizontal and vertical positions to perform clamping, pressing or work-holding applications. Few applications listed below.
- U-joint removal Form steel Woodworking Sawing
- Cutting steel/metal Drilling & boring Cutting conduit
- Auto maintenance
- Regripping golf clubs
- Rebuilding regulators
- Home projects
ADVANTAGES OF PNEUMATIC CLAMPING
- Consistent and repeatable operation
- Controlled clamping forces
- ally adjusting work supports
- Remote clamp operation
DISADVANTAGES OF PNEUMATIC CLAMPING
- Can’t be used for heavy load.
- Fluctuating power output.
- 1000+ Civil Engineering Projects Ideas
- Automobile Engineering Projects Reports, Topic, Ideas
- Civil Engineering Projects Reports, Ideas, topics
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Design And Fabrication Based Projects
- Diploma Mechanical Engineering Projects
- Innovative ideas for mechanical engineering projects
- Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions
- Mechanical Engineering Projects Reports, Ideas, Topics
- Production Engineering Projects Reports, Ideas, Topics
- Solar Energy Project Ideas, and Reports
- Thermal Projects Reports, Ideas and Topics